Thursday, April 19, 2012

Untried: Cult Nails Captivated and Seduction

Today I have a very special post, I came home to a nail mail Ive been very excited for!!!! My Cult Nails 5 dollar sale polishes!!!!! I bought 2 Captivated (one for me and one for a friend) and Seduction!!! I love how hers come in little polish burritos, they are absolutely adorable!!!


Don't the polishes look so pretty!!! I only own one other Cult Nails polishes besides these two and that's Toxic Seaweed (which is a limited edition color that she is now out of) , and I must say I love them all.

I decided to try both polishes today, one on each hand. I layered them over both white and a corresponding cream. I used 2 coats of each base color adn 2 coats of each  Cult Nails polish. First up will be Captivated!!

Captivated is described as a “coral jelly polish packed with intense gold and coral glitter” , it applies really well, with the glitter spreading out evenly across the nail, all though it was a tad thick due to all the glitter. On the Thumb, Middle and Pinkie I layered it over China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and on the Pointer and Ring fingers I layered it over Billie French White.



As you can see over the Flip Flop Fantasy it pops a lot more, I find on the white you can see a bit unevenness in the photos but when just looking at my nails you don't notice it. Overall I love this polish and cant wait to try it over black!! You can buy this polish off of her website :)

Now onto Seduction!!!  Seduction is a limited edition polish which is described as "A sheer purple/red jelly top coat polish loaded with red and blue multi chromatic flakes" , it also applied really well although I found it was a bit more sheer then Captivated which you will notice on the fingers which had a white base coat. On Thumb, Middle and Pinkie I layered it over China Glaze Spontaneous and on the Ring and Pointer I layered it over Billie French White.



As you can see in the photo it seem like there's a big difference in color from what Seduction was layered over but again in person you don't notice this as much as with how see through it is in spots. This polish can also be purchased until it sells out on her website :) Bet this polish would also look amazing over black he he.

Both of these colors are much more beautiful in person. The photos just don't capture how much they sparkle adn the depth in both. Make sure you guy get your hands on these if you like glitter/flakies :)

But if you guys want to see more awesome untried polishes head on over to some other lovely ladies in my birthday group!!!

Helen at Nail Newbie
Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges
Alyssa C at Mused about you

4 comments:

  1. I really need to pick up Captivated already! It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definatly get it i love it so much i cant take it off today :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Carly, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete