Wednesday, February 29, 2012

PCFC : Unicorn Magic

So for the Purple crumpet fairy challenge today we had to do a "Unicorn Magic"mani. I googled unicorn nails and came across a really cool youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24P_lzUCLno and i absolutly loved the mani so I had to give it a try. She used acrylic paints where I used polish. Ive never done anything like this and im soooo impressed with it if I do say so myself, so I hope you all like it :)

Okay so well start with what I used to do the mani.


All of them are China Glaze: White on white, Aquadelic, Gothic lolita, Sun worshiper, Dance baby, Sunshine pop and In the lime light. There were all used as the base. I started with 2 coats of white to help the stripes pop :)


Color club glitter hologram, Stripe rite white, Stripe rite teal, Stripe rite black, and Cult nails toxic seaweed. These were all used for the stairs and the unicorn.

Now to see the many as I did it in stages.


Started out with all the pretty stripes :)



Added on the unicorn and the white stars.



Then outlines the stars in black and added glitter to them.





Now my right hand didnt turn out nearly as good as my left hand. This whole mani took me 3.5 hours to do, and i think for never doing anything like this before that its pretty adorable :)

4 comments:

  1. I vote you at least do the stripes and stars. One unicorn is okay imo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! it looks adorable that i have to agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I wouldn't even be brave enough to try!x

    ReplyDelete